Development service for commercial vehicles
We bring your commercial vehicles up to series production standard
Since 1979, WEBER has been developing individual solutions and products for on and off-highway vehicles, such as agricultural, construction and forestry machinery, municipal and industrial trucks, buses and lorries. Our services cover the complete product life cycle – from the concept study, prototype construction and functional models, right up to the start of series production. If required, our test laboratory, which holds a wide range of accreditations, can support you in qualifying your products so they are ready for market. In doing so, we also take into account your special areas of application, such as requirements for explosion protection or a specific road traffic approval. Beyond the automotive sector, we put our many years of experience in mechatronic product development and embedded systems for driver assistance systems (infotainment, instrumentation modules, camera and head-up systems) to use in the off-highway sector.
Comprehensive development solutions
Whether in the field of electronics & software or mechanical product development, we are an experienced team with many years of project expertise that will be able to meet your development requirements for commercial vehicles.
Our team will be at your side at every stage of the product development process – whether on site in your own development department, at your customers’ premises or in our state-of-the-art in-house engineering offices.
Our expertise includes the following assemblies and components:
- Chassis (suspension, frame as well as design surfaces for counterweight, for example)
- Drive assembly integration (electric motor, gas-powered combustion engine or diesel engine)
- Hydraulics (drive and work hydraulics)
- Work equipment and attachments (simplex/duplex/triplex masts and reach masts, container spreaders, load handling attachments)
- Driver’s cab (designs for various environments, e.g. in cold storage warehouse, offshore)
- Driver’s workplace, interior configuration based on ergonomic and design considerations (steering, accelerator and brake pedal, parking brake, instrument console with integration of control and display elements as well as control elements for the work functions)
- Engineering partner for various technical assistance systems and comfort functions
- Tools: Siemens NX, MicroStation