Reading codes and labels
... using the example of an automatic functional test rig for gear pumps.
After the testing and rinsing process, the robot inserts the tested pump on an empty workpiece carrier, which moves into the laser marking cell. A data matrix code is burnt onto the tested pumps (OK parts). The workpiece carrier then enters the verification cell where the DM code is checked. Pumps classified as “NOK” are diverted through a gate to an NOK conveyor line where they are manually removed again.
Measurement according to test standard
- Flow rate at variable oil pressure and pumping rotational speed
- Torque of the pump shaft in the start-up phase and at varying oil pressure and pumping rotational speed
- Pressure pulsation measurement to detect missing or defective components at variable speeds and pressure
- Quality of laser marking
During the test
- Measurement of oil temperature
- Measurement of actual speed
- Measurement of actual pressure
- Monitoring of suction pressure